More Charity Quilt Finishes

I'm keeping track of my quilt finishes for my local guild's charity outreaches. It may seem like a lot (34 so far in 2024), I still haven't made a dent in my stash of unfinished quilts/tops (still about 4 dozen) or workshop samples of class I'm retiring! Hard to believe, but I've been actively making quilts as a profession for 32 years, so that's the way I describe it to my fellow quilters!

Buzz Saw with renegade blade: 39" x 39"

My Buzz Saw class was fun and my students enjoyed working with a long dresden plate template (12-1/2"). These were some of the samples in my workshop box and I only had 19 fabrics for the blades and the orange one had to fill in the gap. And I guess the light blue on at the top is a renegade, too!

Here's another Dresden plate quilt. I used the Fiesta Collection by Windham Fabrics and captured one little sugar skull in the center. Lots of guitars and doves and cheerful motifs here.

Fiesta Sugar Skull Dresdens: 46" x 46"

I've taught 2 different 7 Sisters workshops, and this one is from my variation class. It's a 60 degree star center with additional strips at the bottom.

4 Block 7 Sisters Variation Quilt: 47" x 54"

And one more using the 7 Sisters pattern with all 7 of the stars! I didn't want another table topper (as was the class), so I "squared" it up with 30 degree triangles on the sides and added  borders.

7 Sisters with black and yellow borders: 51" x 57"

Here's what it looks like as a table topper (I still own this). Yes, I made this 10 years ago! NO y-seams. Just triangles and diamonds.

7 Sisters Table Topper: 37" x 42"

I'll be back to share a few more later this week. These quilts were SO happy to get out of my closets and into the happy hands of someone who needs comfort.

Comments

  1. I love them all, but the last 2 are my favorites.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com