Watermelon for August!

Yum, yum - watermelon! This is a repost from 2013 and the topic is still relevant. This post was for Benartex to feature some of their fabrics. The Fossil Ferns at the bottom of the page are still available.

Watermelon Quilt from my book Bold, Black and Beautiful (AQS 2004)

 Look at this absolutely marvelous quilt by Ahh Quilting. Don't you just love that truck!?

Watermelon Wedge quilt by Ahh Quilting

Seeing all those watermelon quilts and yummy watermelon food items, I recalled that I have made not one, not two, but three watermelon inspired quilts in my quilting career. The one on the top was made by a friend, Diane Leighton of Yuba City, California. It was a redo of my first quilt that I made with a white background:
First watermelon quilt. 6" Blocks, 37" x 37" quilt

Grilled Watermelon with Blue Cheese and Proscuitto in food! Looks like watermelon to me.

Photo credit: Jennifer Davick, on southernliving.com

One last quilt I made so many years ago that I've lost count. I gave it to an Atlanta friend and neighbor (Peggy) and she still tells me how much she treasures it. I used my quick and easy Drunkard's Path technique which I call Two Easy Pieces.

Watermelon Baskets

Single Watermelon Basket with some watermelon candy from Spain
 

And, one more thing! I dug around in my Fossil Fern box to see if I had any fat quarters of these watermelon colors. Let's see how close I come to the colors in the Mad for Melon group . . .

Just a few of the Mad for Melon fabrics
Watermelon colored Fossil Ferns

Thanks for visiting! Hope you had a yummy time.

Comments

  1. Just found all of your latest and several other Follow It newsletters in my spam folder. Wondered why I wasn't getting any lately. I blame it on Google.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com