Stacked Jewels, Version 2

When I love a fabric collection, I like to squeeze the very last snippet of fabric from it. This Stacked Jewels quilt shows what I mean. Can you see what I did?

Regency Dandy Stacked Jewels #2: 46" x 48"

Here's a clue: check out the jewel patches below and compare with some of those in the outside rows. These were cut from 60 degree diamonds. I cut off one of the points in each.


I made another quilt earlier in the year that uses the same jewels and different borders. I donated this to my local quilt guild. Same quilt center with the same number of patches. These borders are slightly wider.

Regency Dandy Stacked Jewels #1: 48" x 49"

OK. I'll give you a hint: 6 of the jewels in the first quilt are PIECED! I absolutely did not have enough fabric to cut whole jewels, so I pieced them together. Do you think the recipient will mind? Probably won't even notice!

It's a finished quilt and will bring a smile to whomever gets it, I'm sure. I still have 2 quilt tops that need to be quilted, also made with this fabulous Regency Dandy collection (from almost 20 years ago). Here is the first quilt I designed for Windham. They loved it so much, it hangs in their New Jersey offices to this day!

Princess Feather using Regency Dandy

The FREE pattern is still available at the Windham Fabrics website. Click that link and enjoy!

Comments