3 Quilts from One Collection

Solstice by Windham Fabrics debuted a few years ago and I have so loved working with the gorgeous prints. It was designed by Sally Kelly.

A few of the 28 Solstice prints

I revisited a tried and true pattern I designed 20 years ago which I call Spiro Glyphics. They are 6" blocks: one is paper pieced and the other is a simple appliqué circle (using a CD-ROM!) Still waits to be quilted.

Spiro Glyphics: 40" x 40"

Then I revisited a vintage pattern called Nosegay. This also is paper pieced. I quilted it a few weeks ago on my Handi Quilter Sweet 16. This sits in my closet awaiting a special person to give it to. And, my HQ machine counted the stitches to quilt this: 24,287!!

Solstice Nosegay: 48" x 48"

I was short of some fabric and pieced it for  one of the setting triangles. Wanna see?

Pieced triangle!

The most recent quilt is my Pentagon Wreaths. This quilt is 44" x 44" and those wreaths are English Paper Pieced. The center is a 2" hexagon and the six pentagons are also 2". I added the corner triangles for a bit more interest.

Four 11" Pentagon Wreath blocks

Here is the finished quilt. It's 44" x 44" and I also quilted it on my Handi Quilter. This is going to my local quilt guild's charity endeavors. Those border prints have been waiting in my stash for at least 20 years. I think the colors are perfect. Number of stitches for this? 16,472!

Solstice Pentagon Wreaths: 44" x 44"

Yes, there are only 8 whole blocks. But - it becomes a 3 x 3 assembly with those little half-blocks! Works out very well and give it a more "aha" look.

And I still have some of these lovely prints left! They will whisper to me what they want to become. I don't think they're in a hurry, so I'll just go on to other things (and fabric) today.

Comments