I love to play with my rulers and find new ways to use them. I am NOT one to buy the latest (weird) ruler with all sorts of lines that promises to make one block and costs upwards of $30 or more. Yes, I've been a pattern designer for these rulers, but that doesn't mean I can't make it easier on myself or my customers.
One such block is the Delectable Mountains. Traditionally sewn with odd templates, it can be stitched using patches cut from a traditional 60 degree triangle ruler. I've also called it the Arrowheads block. Here is a quilt I finished 10 years ago using some lovely Kaffe Fassett prints. Finally photographed in 2024!
 |
| Arrowheads: 40" x 40" |
I patterned this for two fabric companies and a ruler company. I've made it half-a dozen times. I enjoy the easy process and I think you will, too.
Here's the one I created for Michael Miller called Arrowheads in the Dessert. It was made using their Horse and Rider collection. You can find the pattern at my web site: Horse and Rider. These are 10" blocks.
Then I combined this pieced block with a simple appliqué block and designed a quilt for Windham Fabrics using their Mesa Collection. This pattern is still on their web site:
Arrowheads in the Desert.
 |
| Arrowheads in the Desert |
Here's one made using their Diamond Dust collection. I donated it to my local guild's charity endeavors.
 |
| Arrowheads using Diamond Dust |
Here are a few others I've made over the years. As you can see, I like this pattern!
 |
| Pink batik Arrowheads |
And how about blue?
 |
| Blue batik Arrowheads |
And red!
 |
| Arrowheads in Red: 41" x 41" |
Here's one in rainbow colors that I finished last year and donated to my local guild:
 |
| Rainbow Arrowheads: 58" x 58" |
And some using fishing themed fabrics called Fresh Catch. Donated in 2021.
Check out the links for the free patterns. I used both the Tri-Recs ruler set and a standard 60 degree ruler. Clear instructions in the patterns and, of course, templates are included if you don't have the rulers!
Comments
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com