Four More Charity Quilts for RMDH

What's RMDH, you ask? It's the local Ronald McDonald House that helps families with lodging and meals while their sick child gets treatment at the hospital. That's Fairfax Inova here in Virginia.

Here are four quilts I gave to my fellow guild member, Leslie, who takes these once or twice a month. We never have enough, but we try! This is a simple Cobblestone Block of fun summer images. I quilted it.

Endless Summer Cobblestone Quilt: 48" x 48"

And the next one is even more fun with the birdhouses and birds. The birdhouses were paper pieced and left over from some workshops I taught. And I quilted this.

Home Tweet Home: 42" x 49"

Pieced Hearts is a set of 16 blocks that my sister Janet made and gave to me to put together for these quilts. It measures 51" x 51". I quilted this one, also.

Pieced Hearts with Butterflies: 51" x 51"

And the fourth one I call Fractured Jewels. It also is from a workshop I taught. I've made this a few times and had one of them appear in Modern Patchwork Magazine. More butterflies! And I quilted this.

Fractured Jewels: 50" x 50"

I have more tops hanging in my closet. Will get backings and batting and do my extra part to push through the sewing machine! But at least it's a Handi Quilter Sweet 16 so I've plenty of room!

Comments