4th Block in NMAI Sew Along
This is the 4th block in the series offered by the National Museum of the American Indian. It's named Ellam Yua and was designed by Nikki Corbett. Did you miss the first three? Here is a link to get you started: Quilt Along for NMAI
Here are my first 3 blocks:
![]() |
| June: Bison pattern by Lauren Good Day |
![]() |
| July: Kanani O Ka Home pattern by Cissy Serrao: Hawaiian |
![]() |
| August pattern designed by Emma Alcazar |
Now for the 4th block designed by Nikki Corbett (and sewn by me, of course). First, the fabrics I pulled and my threads:
And the special symbol at the top of the water. I used fusible webbing and a sewing machine stitch:
![]() |
| Top of my Ellam Yua block |
I used fusible interfacing for the waves at the bottom of the block so I could trim away the background to reduce bulk:
And here is the finished block (designed by Nikki Corbett, sewn by me):
![]() |
| My Ellam Yua block |
Now, these 4 blocks get stitched together using 1" (finished) strips.
We now wait for the border directions to be released October 1! Go check out the patterns. It's not too late!
And if you live in the Washington, DC region, there will be a real meeting at the museum on October 17 for those of us locally to share our work in person! I plan on going (and taking the Metro so I don't get lost!!)








Comments
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com