Vintage Quilt Inspiration

I like to revisit some older quilts and the one I want to share (again) is Seeing Red from my 2013 book Paper Piecing Perfect Points. It was inspired by this vintage quilt called Midnight Sun which appeared in an issue of Quilt Magazine about 25 years ago.

Vintage Midnight Sun quilt

Yes, that was pieced using templates and definitely all by hand! Not me, of course. I drafted the pattern for foundation paper piecing:

Seeing Red: 38" x 38" with 15" blocks

I taught it as a class and here are some of my teaching samples:

Foundation pieced units

And the full block center:

Midnight Sun center block

Let's see it from the back. Look at those pointy points!

Back of block

I made several blocks, put them together and then donated the finished quilt to my local guild for our charity endeavors.
Midnight Sun 15" block

Here is the 9 block quilt finished in 2022:

Brown and Pink Midnight Sun: 45" x 45"

Yes, I get a lot of inspiration from vintage quilts, but I am not inspired to make them the same way. But, they still look the same and that's all I care about.

Comments

  1. Wow! This has been a great blessing in my life. Knowing Dr. Odumeje has been one of the best things that has ever happened to me. My lover came back to me after I reached out to him for help. He helped remove the negative influence of a third party that was affecting our relationship. Today, my husband loves me again, and our relationship has been restored. I am truly grateful for the support and guidance I received during this difficult time. Thank you, Dr. Odumeje, for helping bring happiness back into my life. I highly recommend reaching out to him to see if his guidance can help you as well. TEXT/WhatsApp +2349064108102 OR VIA oduemejetemple@gmail.com

    HE ALSO WORK ON A LOT OF FOLLOWING CASES

    Spell to get famous
    Spells to grow business excessively
    Spells to get a Job
    Spells to get a husband
    Spells to Win Court Case
    Spells to get your loved ones out of prison
    promotion spells
    Protection Spells
    Spells to win Lottery Pregnancy Spells

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com