Christmas in July with Benartex, Day 4

Today is the last day of 11 in the Christmas in July Blog Hop. Our last designer is:
Tammy Silvers, Snow Village & Rustic Village Christmas https://www.tamarinis.com/

Today I want to share several projects I made using Festive Season, a past collection designed by Jackie Robinson.

Here is a table topper that was featured in 2017 on the Benartex blog. Click that link to see my steps to this beautiful table topper.

Festive Season Table Topper

I even show how to fussy cut that center hexagon:

Steps to fussy cutting the center hexagon

Then I kept playing with these gorgeous fabrics. Who could resist?

Dozens of half hexagons cut but they sat for a few years
I used a few to make a large Twisted Hexagon wall banner. I was able to fussy cut some more of those awesome cardinals. I loved using the cardinal vertical printed panels for the sides. The colors are SO rich in this beauty!

Twisted Hexagon Wall banner
I also was able to use the remaining half hexagons in a braid quilt. You've seen this technique here before many times. You can find my patterns in my Etsy shop (some come with an acrylic half-hexagon template or you can buy the pdf, too).

I was able to use the last two vertical panels with 3 vertical rows of half-hexagons. I had to get creative with my borders. All the fabrics work so well with each other.

Festive Season Half Hexagon Braid quilt

Remember the greeting cards I made?

Dollar Store greeting card with cutout window
And another one:
Greeting Card #2
 One more using the black background print:
Greeting Card #3

And one last thing (though it's not the last, but I'm tired!) This is English Paper Pieced using 3" diamonds. First, from the back. After I hand stitched all the diamonds together I carefully placed it on a fat quarter of Bedrock (by Windham Fabrics) and appliquéd it by machine. Then I clipped away the Bedrock fabric from behind (this reduces the weight and bulk).

Christmas Wreath from back
And I added borders and quilted it. What do you think?

Festive Season Wreath of Diamonds
OK. If you've come this far, you are probably rolling your eyes into the back of your head! But, as you can see, I have truly loved working with this group of fabrics. And the 60 degree shape (hexagon, diamond, triangle, half-hexagon) was my inspiration for everything.

Comments