Michael Miller Mondays with Home Circle

It's finally finished. Actually, it was finished a year ago but it hung in a Virginia quilt shop to entice folks to buy some of the gorgeous Michael Miller Marble fabrics. This 7 block quilt uses the Home Circle block in a nice, large 15" size!

Home Circle: 60" x 60"

What? You never knew you could make a quilt with 7 blocks? I have made several and it's not hard. First, let's look at those blocks from several years ago. I used 3 colors of Marble in each one; my background solid is Kona Snow. I had a photo heavy blog post about the process in these.

Four of my 7 Home Circle blocks - read the blog post

I sent the quilt center to the Sewlovelee quilt shop (Irvington, VA) where the owner, Lee, picked out more Marble fabrics for the borders and backing and then she quilted it. When you're this sassy, you don't want to go live in my closet - you want to strut your colors! So, she stayed in the shop for a year and just returned this past Friday. (She's not up in the closet, yet!)

Finished Home Circle quilt enjoying the sunshine on my deck

I've made the Home Circle quilt several times. It even appears in my Quilter's Block a Day Calendar with a large (76" x 76") quilt patterned. It's certainly not as sassy as the one made in those "marbelous" Marbles!

Home Circle quilt: 76" x 76"

I even patterned it for Benartex in some fun yellow and black fabrics! The fabrics are called Crazy Daisy and it has the same arrangement as my Marble quilt. This is from 2011. No borders.

Spinning Daisy quilt: 51" x 51"

But, for now, I have a gorgeous lap sized quilt that will make someone happy with these awesome Marble fabrics. They are one of the VERY best blenders I have used. More to come with them.


Check out my Home Circle pattern which contains directions for FOUR quilts (Spinning Daisy, Kaffe Fassett, Marbles and a quilt from my Block a Day calendar). It's a 15 page pdf with lots of diagrams and color photos of the 4 quilts. It's a great scrap buster, too!

Comments