Easter Week Palm Quilts, Day Three

Today is Good Friday and the last day of my Palm quilts. This next quilt was made almost 20 years ago and was a faithful sample when I taught my workshops. It was one of my favorite quilts. When a pastor friend of ours lost his mother last year, I thought of this quilt as it has religious meaning and I know he would treasure it. I like to give quilts in these occasions instead of flowers.

4 Block Palm Quilt: 45" x 45". 2004

I used some shot cottons to create the blocks in this next quilt. Then I chose big, bold prints to set those blocks on point. These are also 10" blocks, but the pattern creates the same quilt using 7" size (so that you can print them from your home printer!) The following quilts are my workshop samples. (I do sell printed packs of this pattern using the 10" size).

Big Block Palms: 33" x 43"

And two more quilts that I share in my trunk show lectures.

Big Block Palm with 10" blocks: 62" x 62" (Workshop Sample)

And one I made with SO much pink - it's shocking that I did this, but I rather like it, don't you? First, a single block:


And now the quilt!

Pink Palm Quilt using Kaffe Fassett prints: 56" x 56"

This is still a current workshop. It's not a difficult paper piecing pattern because you just cut strips (to size) ahead of time and you piece this just like an off-center log cabin.

I wish you a lovely Easter weekend (if you celebrate that religious tradition).

Comments

  1. Happy Easter - He is Risen! I like them all, but that green one sings to my heart. Love green, love your border fabric.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com