Double Hexie Star Workshop
Hexagons branch out into double stars with this easy to piece block with NO y-seams! No kidding. All patches are cut with a 60 degree ruler - the center hexagon, the big triangle points and the outer 30 degree triangles. This is a big block - 16" high! It's not a square (it's 18" wide).
Just one can be a table topper! Now do you see how wonderful this block is for a large, fabulous motif?
Here is a 2 block wall banner for starters. Two large, 16" blocks! Students will learn how to center a motif in the parameters of a whole hexagon (fussy cut).
|Double Hexie Star|
|Double Hexie Star blocks with small print in center hexagons|
What do we cover in the class time?
- How to fussy cut (center) a motif in the middle of a block using freezer paper as our template
- Students do not have to use fabric that needs to be fussy cut!
- How to cut a whole hexagon using a multi-sized, 60 degree triangle ruler
- How to cut the surrounding large and small triangles using this ruler
- How to piece the Double Hexie Star with NO y-seams