FREE pattern from my 2016 Wall Calendar of Blocks

I promised a FREE pattern for one of the blocks in my 2016 Wall Calendar of Blocks. I showed the fabrics I would use:

Wonderful selection of red prints and blenders from Benartex
I fashioned some letters and scattered them around, mixing them up, planning on making an "I Love You" quilt. Never got that far.

I Love You letters
Then my newest wall calendar of blocks came out. I looked through and found a perfect block to use some of these letters. This block comes from my 2007 desktop calendar of blocks. The wall calendar does not include patterns for the 365 blocks, but my publisher and I agree that I should share some "Blocks of the Moment" with my blogger buddies. Here is the first one:

Love Bug Quilt (can you see the tiny ladybugs in the inner border strip?)
Each letter is appliqued to a rectangle of white fabric cut to 5-1/2" x 7-1/2". Then the four are stitched together as shown. The outer 3-strip borders are composed of three 1-1/2" strips AND corner squares cut to 5" (so they finish to 4-1/2"). The small wall quilt measures 19" x 23".

Here is the link to the full size letters. Why not get a jump on Valentine's Day 2016? Actually, I loved seeing it hanging in my kitchen when I was photographing it, so I've left it there. Kitchens are places of love, aren't they?

LOVE letters pattern for LOVE Bug quilt center

Comments

  1. YES! One thing this world needs is LOVE! Can never have too much LOVE or too many LOVE quilty items!!! :) So adding your version to my sewing LOVE collection!!! Thank you for sharing this LOVEly with us!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks so much Debby. Will add them to my "WELCOME" letters.
    Joan in GA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great , cute idea. Love your blog. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute is this? Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And MY kitchen just happens to be black and white with red accents! Perfect, thanks so much, Debby!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice, love the colors used and adore the cute ladybugs. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE the ladybugs ad the colours. Thanks for sharing an endearing quilt that we all need to spread around the world. That being LOVE!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com