Windham Wednesdays Sneak Peek

Today is Wednesday and if I have any new Windham Fabrics, I like to feature them on this day. I like the alliteration of "Windham Wednesdays," don't you? (That's me wearing my high school English teacher hat, I guess).

This collection is called Stella and is designed for Windham by Lotta Jansdotter. I love all of her fabrics and so do my two married daughters. They are in their 30s and when they say they love fabrics in my stash, then I know it's a home run for those fabrics in the shops.

Stella Collection by Lotta Jansdotter for Windham Fabrics
I have pondered what to do with these for the past few weeks. I wasn't in a hurry since they weren't available for shops to buy until May and won't ship to the stores until August. But, May is over and August is right around the corner!

I got an idea to make a variation of the Off Center Log Cabin blocks I made with some of Windham's 1930s reproduction prints. Here are the blocks:

6" Off Center Log Cabin blocks for another project
I designed a larger block with 2 different sized logs. You'll have to come back next Wednesday to see what I've done and the variety of ways to arrange them. Quite exciting! And the pattern will be free and it's very fat-quarter-bundle friendly. I mean - don't you have some of those impulse-buy, fat quarter bundles sitting in your stash waiting for a project made just for them? This may be it!

Check with your local quilt shop to see if they are expecting these new fabrics. And I'll see you next Wednesday here, right?


Comments

  1. this collection is very tempting! will keep my eyes open for it

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so springy to me. And, I especially like the taupe. I don't tend to buy fat quarter bundles... although that log cabin pattern makes me wish I did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you read my mind. just bought an over the door shoe bag with 24 pockets to put fat qtr rolls in so I can be inspired and not waste time hunting thru boxes. now I can have a pattern designed for fat qtr. can't wait to see my next project. thx Debby (mtrichka at windstream.net)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those fabrics are lovely. I am liking the log Cabin blocks you are making. Springy. Thank you for sharing. Can't wait to see what will happen with them..

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful collection. I love Lotta Jansdotter's collection. They are always colorful and unique.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Stella fabrics are quite lovely, Debby! I'll definitely have to watch for them at the shops. The butterflies are especially lively, and the stars look like they could stand on their own or be nice blenders playing with other fabrics. I'll look forward to seeing your results next week! (janeherbst at roadrunner dot com).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my those fabrics are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do like those, as I usually like that designer's fabrics. I'll be back to see what you did with them. It'll be something wonderful, I know. =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that little log cabin block...waiting for next Wed....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com