Quilted. Bound. Finished!

It's a good feeling to finish a quilt - all the way to the binding. I quilted these 3 quilts in January and prepared the binding. They were staring at me from the studio closet and I finally finished them (two yesterday).

The first one was from a tutorial I had here on my blog: Benartex's Matthew's Monsters in the Machine. You can see my steps. Here is the front:

Matthew's Monsters in the Machine
 And I used the story panel for the back.

Story panel works well for the back
Here is a quilt I designed and made in 2008 - yes, I did! I finally put those blue borders on, quilted and finished it. The block is 18", and though it's a small quilt, it will serve as a workshop sample. I'm motivated to make a 4 block quilt. This is paper pieced in four sections and then is set into the curved background.

Divided Diamonds
I love to piece my quilt backs. It helps me use up various leftovers.

Divided Diamonds back
And the third quilt is a variation of a quilt I had published in my 3rd book (Paper Piecing Perfect Points, Martingale, 2013). I have made this at least 4 times. I am teaching it again at the Quilt Odyssey this summer (July 19-21). I will have more on that later, as well as share the other quilts.

Here is My Geese Have the Blues, based on my book pattern. I split the center circle. This is a pattern on Craftsy. But I have made several more of these.

My Geese Have the Blues
I used up some novelty prints from several years ago. I put the binding on this yesterday. Can you say "finished"?  This Circle of Geese quilt is also paper pieced.

Circle of Geese
Here is the somber quilt from my book. I used some toile fabrics from Windham. I think I like the happy colors better.
Toile Garden
And using the same assembly (with the center circle split with sashing), I have another happy quilt.

Circle of Geese
I'll share the other 2 (maybe 3?) later, but I just wanted to share some of my recent finishes. Hope you enjoyed the show!

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com