Blog Hop - Christmas in July

Santa Block by Linda of Living for Quilting blog
There is a giant, 5 day Blog Hop-Hop-Happening online which begins with the wildly popular Sew We Quilt blog spot. It began yesterday and it's called "Think Christmas". All the participants post one or more blocks with a holiday theme and I am quite taken with many of them. I spotted this yesterday on Linda's blog (Living for Quilting) because in the bottom left hand corner is a page from my Block a Day Calendar! Wow! But, you have to admit, her Santa block is AWESOME and she gave me permission to repost him here today.

If you want to be inspired and learn some neat tips with tutorials, start out at the Sew We Quilt blog and just hop, hop, hop to a variety of quilting blogs. It's an easy way to stay cool in the middle of a very hot summer!
Chill Quilt with tote bag

Here is my penguin quilt that never, ever got picked up by a magazine. I call it "Chill" and notice the fun penguin bag over on the table.

I used this quilt in my Building Blocks & Borders workshop to teach how to add rows of borders that fit. We all have these beautiful batik panels and never know what to do with them. My editor had given me one and I set to work using beautiful batiks by Island Batiks. I bring this out in the winter and hang it in my kitchen.

Chill! Quilt - 48" x 48"
Oh, my gosh! I actually found the pattern on my computer and it's done up in pdf! I will offer it here for a limited time. You are free to download, print and make the pattern, but please don't redistribute it. Send people to my blog to get it.
Let me know how you like it!

Comments

  1. Hi, Debby, thanks for advertising the blog hop and for posting my little Santa Face block.

    Yes, I use your calendar every day and love it. I've made lots of blocks out of it too. I've had it forever! That's one thing I like about it as it is a perpetual calendar.
    Thanks for the free pattern for your Penguin Quilt. So cute. I don't have any penguin fabric like this but I can use the border instructions for another little quilt I have in mind. Have fun with the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for posting the pattern and offering it free! I really appreciate that. Times are tough, as you already know. It's a handmade Christmas around here.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com