Happy Birthday, George Washington

 Happy 283rd Birthday George Washington

Born February 22, 1732

George Washington was the first American president, commander of the Continental Army, president of the Constitutional Convention, and an innovative farmer. His example of character and leadership continues to inform and inspire future generations.

George Washington, our first USA president
Last year at this time I featured a tribute to George by showing off some fabric with his face on it. Do you remember?

Fabric panels by Windham Fabrics
 Yes, I actually have some of this! It is the Old Glory Election Commemorative Edition, c. 1850

Wow, George. What a large head you have. And flags for a headdress?
I had some giveaways of these panels. I allowed myself to keep one of each. Not sure what I'll do with them, but hey - I don't have plans for much of my stash.

I love modern quilts and fabrics. I also love traditional fabrics and quilts and the reproductions. Windham Fabrics does an awesome job with these, don't they?

Happy Birthday, George. Aren't you glad you're out of the wretched snow we have here in the DC area? Mt. Vernon got a lot of it and you had no snow plows back then! Stay warm, my friend.

Comments

  1. I was one of the lucky winners of one of these panels and the little wall hanging that I made out of it is hanging on my front door right now. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was one of those lucky winners too and I need to find the picture I took of the "flag" I made for my kids and send it to you. I'll get it on my list. Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love the fabric, and I love the values that Washington held. I only hope there are leaders today, and in the future, who adhere to those principles for our country. =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com