|Circle of Owls|
1. Use any 60 degree ruler and cut out a hexagon using freezer paper. Give it a 6" finished height.
2. Fussy cut the fabrics (in this case, the print you can see here) for a total of 6 hexagons
3. Cut out a single contrasting print hexagon for the center
4. Sew the 6 matching hexagons into a ring. Press seams open.
5. Trim 1/4" away from all sides of the freezer paper template and use on the wrong side of each of the 6 fabric hexagons and press the outer edges under 1/4".
|Trim away 1/4" from freezer paper template|
|Use as pressing guide to turn hexagon outer raw edges under|
|Edges pressed under; pinned and ready for machine applique|
7. Trim away all background fabric from behind the hexagon circle.
|After Appliqué, trim away all background fabric behind the hexagons|
|Interface the center hexagon using 1/4" seam allowance|
|Appliqué to center "hole" of the hexagon ring|
|Remove the interfacing|
|Two blocks together|
|1" inner, 6" outer borders for a 32" x 55" quilt/banner|
|Owl Be There by Benartex Fabrics|