Quiltmaker's 1,000 Blocks: Week 3

I'm back with the 3rd block from one of Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks magazines. Today I feature what I call Divided Diamonds. I used the Normandy Collection from Benartex. I'm not usually fond of browns, but this group of fabrics is an exception.

This appeared in Volume 6 of the magazine.

100 Blocks Magazine, Volume 6
Here is my block as submitted. I used a circle for the center. This is a real block and not a digital rendition. It is paper pieced in four sections and then set into the curved background.

12" Divided Diamonds Block
I made another one and used triangles to finish the center:

Divided Diamonds with triangles in the center
I created two digital renditions of projects. First, the four block quilt. Rather predictable assembly, right?

Four Block Divided Diamonds quilt
Now for a Three Block Runner. Who says the blocks have to be like little ducks in the row?
Three block Divided Diamonds runner
Can I show you another quilt I made for Benartex with these fabrics? Please say "yes"!
This appeared in a Fons and Porter magazine a few years ago. It uses my Fleur de Lis applique pattern.

Normandy Fleur de Lis quilt (55" x 55")
And then I used these fabrics to make my Hosannah Quilt that appears in my book "Paper Piecing Perfect Points."
Hosannah Quilt: 33" x 43". Block Size: 7"
I hope you've enjoyed seeing some brown quilts! Thanks for stopping by. One more post next week with my 4th block from the book: Quiltmaker's 1,000 Blocks!

Comments

  1. Very pretty block. Not sure mine would come out as well even PP! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a fabulous block! I think I like the square center, and the fabrics are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Debby; Oh this block is lovely! It has been ages since I have done any paper piecing, but I would definitely do this block. Plus, the way that it looks in a quilt or table runner just adds to its beauty. The Fleur de Lis applique pattern has been on my to do list for quite some time, I just never seem to be able to fit it in. LOL. I always am grateful when someone showcases theirs and reminds me that I have it on my list. The browns that you have used are beautiful. On my computer, the Hosanah quilt photo will not show up. Very old, outdated laptop that I am so grateful to have and use can be frustrating at the same time. Thank you so much for sharing all of these beautiful quilts! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a great fabric line. All the blocks are beautiful, but I think my favorite finished project is the fleur de lis quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com