Pentagon Week, Day Three
You have to get creative when the only fabric cuts are fat quarters. I honestly don't mind. I am rather tired of single fabric borders. I finished this quilt center last Spring and I pulled it out on Sunday. I had to be careful with my cuts, but I was able to make it work. This was made using the Spellbound Collection by Katia Hoffman for Windham Fabrics. Click that link and you'll find an awesome Look Book, too.
Here's the center again:
|Six Pentagon Wreath blocks using the Spellbound Collection|
These are 13" blocks. The pentagon wreaths were made using English Paper Piecing with 2" pentagon papers. I cut up one of the panels (sku # 51961M-X) and had enough for those 3 horizontal sashing units. This way I was able to stagger the blocks for an interesting (and less boring) assembly. Here's a look at how I auditioned the six little panels. Yes, those panels are actually octagon shaped, but they work!
I hope to quilt this in the next few days. Not sure what I'll do for the binding, but I think I can find something suitable in my stash.