Recent Charity Quilt Finishes

I realized I had begun a Pinterest board a few years ago that featured a few dozen of my charity quilt finishes. I checked it out the other day and then I added a few more dozen and still have some catching up to do! Currently there are 70 quilts sewn and donated with another 2+ dozen to go. These range from 2018 - 2023.

Retired workshop sample = happy child's quilt!

Remember, I have sewn for a living for 30 years. I'm swimming in fabric and several fabric companies have been very generous to me during that time. I belong to a local quilt guild that makes it very easy on me. For example, this next quilt uses last season's Merry and Mod Collection by Windham Fabrics.

Arrowheads class sample with fun letters border print: 40" x 40"

How does my quilt guild make it easy? I just sew the top. Jeanne C. finds a backing and longarm quilts it. I put the binding on and it's done! Can you say EASY? This next quilt was begun over 10 years ago and was a class sample. It was time to finish it. Half Hexagon Braid is still a popular pattern.

Half Hexagon braid

Take a visit to my Charity Quilt Finishes Pinterest Board to see more than 5 dozen quilts. I still have about 2 more dozen to add. My photos only go back to 2018. Many of the quilts give a link to a FREE pattern associated with the pattern.

Some just let the fabric do all the talking, like this from the Dog Gone It Collection by Benartex. Large doggie panels sure to delight any child. I have two more sets to make like this, too!

Dog Gone It panel quilt: 38" x 38"

The charity that gets the most quilts is Young Lives, so our quilts stay under 40" x 40". That's easy! And we are committed to donating about 165 quilts a year for their summer camps. So, as fast as I can sew they get used up.

Here's another one that lets the fabric do all the work. I used a Layer Cake (10" squares) and my Bubbles and Hexagons pattern. There is no way a little kid is going to take a nap when seeing this! All that candy and fudge and chocolate . . .

Bubbles and Hexagons Oh, Fudge! kids' quilt using a layer cake

Check it out and see lots of fun ways with fabric. Charity Quilts Pinterest Board. Hope it inspires you!

Comments

  1. I love the center block on the Dog quilt. You have done so much good with the things you've been blessed to receive. I love that you share so much. Thanks for the pinterest link, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Susan. 95% of the fabric I have has been donated by fabric companies, and no matter how fast I sew, it doesn’t seem to be making a dent!

      Today I put borders on 3 more smaller quilts so they can be quilted and donated. Just samples from workshops that no longer are needed.

      Thanks again for stopping by!
      Debby

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com