3 Quilts in New Homes

My closets are full and the quilts are threatening to mutiny. I hear them up there plotting and scheming to somehow get out and into new, loving homes. My home is loving, but they want to be the stars!

I have a new, great nephew and I made another Poky Little Puppy quilt using those soft panel books. Cut up and added sashing. This is the 3rd one I made, with another one on the way.

Poky Little Puppy panel quilt: 43" x 43"


Then one of my favorite people at the local library told me about her parents who live with her and that they aren't mobile. I felt that I could cheer them up with some lap quilts. I pulled two from those closets and here they are. I gave them to her yesterday. I think I blew her mind!

This is an orphan block that I set on point and added strips to take it up to about 44" x 44". Sure to brighten her mom's day, right?

Fantasy Flower Quilt

I'm always challenged to find a quilt for a man. So much of our quilter's fabrics are so "girlie." But I discovered one I made a few years ago using my cheater's Winding Ways pattern.

Winding Ways quilt: 47" x 47"

I wish they had been larger, but they will be fine for their laps. And also to bring some smiles and cheer to their days while Chandra works at the library.

I think I hear sounds coming from the closet from those left behind. Sheesh! "Wait your turn!"

Comments

  1. So funny! I love the flower quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I didn't mean to comment as anonymous. Love the puppies, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sherry. Yes, those puppies are sure to delight any child - and for many years.

      Delete
  3. Lap quilts for those in wheel chairs are better than larger quilts as they won't get caught in the wheels and are easier to take (or throw) off when the person needs to get up. Less of a trip hazard too.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan. You're right about a lap quilt size for those who are fairly stationary. These two "oldsters" aren't in wheelchairs, but they sit much of the day.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com