Recent Quilt Finish

I am making it my quilting priority to finish a LOT of my workshop samples. I have a wonderful outlet for everything and the bonus is that I don't have to quilt them myself! My local guild has a fabulous member who longarm quilts our quilts when they are used for our charity endeavors.

This is the very last of my Buzz Saw samples. As you can see, I had to use a "renegade" blade (orange) to complete the 20 blade center. I used an older Windham Fabics collection called Raj. This quilt will be a bright spot for some little child (I hope)!

Raj Buzz Saw: 39" x 39"

My ruler is an 18 degree Dresden wedge that has a height of 12-1/2"! That makes for a large center. It has both 30 and 60 degree diagonal lines on it fork cutting the wedges (no templates).

Buzz Saw ruler (no templates needed; these were used in the magazine)

 Here is the first Buzz Saw I made. It appeared in an issue of Modern Quilts (2014). I went on to teach this as a workshop about a dozen times.

Buzz Saw (no borders). 30" x 30"

A a fun one I added some prairie points to in between the wedges. These were NOT cut at an angle, but just finished just like a traditional Dresden (but the easy fold-and-stitch method)

Blue Plate Special

I have a limited number of these patterns and rulers left and I'm not going to order any more. I've retired the workshop.

Check it out in my Etsy shop: Buzz Saw pattern and ruler

Comments