More Charity Quilts for Kids

It's fun to finish a quilt and take a photo. That's the only way I "keep" many quilts. I've made hundreds and hundreds of quilts in the past 35 years and given away most of them. I only keep those I use for my teaching and trunk shows and also those I want to use to give to friends.

5 Block Gingham Garden: 44" x 46"

The Grandmother's Flower Garden blocks were English Paper Pieced. Then I machine appliquéd them to four background rectangles. But the center of the 4 blocks was boring, so I added that pink one. Notice that in order to increase this to a usable size, I added the two pink print horizontal strips. Quilted by my guild friend and part of our charity quilt endeavors it went!

Dancing Apples: 47" x 47"

Apple themed fabrics used in off center log cabin blocks. Fun, huh?

Delectable Mountains: 50" x 55"

Delectable Mountains: 50" x 55"

The floral print was left over from workshop samples from 10 years ago! No templates - just all rotary cut strips and squares.

And one more - a workshop sample from my Rose Star class. I didn't need another table topper, so I squared up the sides, added top and bottom borders and then outside borders.

Aria Rose Star: 44" x 45"

Let me show you the back. I had one last sample and put it in the center. Now, that's a happy block. It didn't want to be left in that workshop box and I gave it center stage.



Now I'm working on several more. Will share those photos when they're finished.

Comments