Modern by the Yard with Benartex - New Patterns

First, the winner of last week's Back to School with Windham Fabrics is Susan S. of Mississippi. Congratulations, Susan! Your fat quarter bundle of It's a Hoot will ship shortly. Thanks to everyone who left a comment.

New issue alert! Modern by the Yard (by Benartex Fabrics) is out and available - FREE - with all new quilts, one of which is mine. This is an eMagazine and you can click on the links to get to it.

Modern by the Yard, Issue #6
 Here is a set of 1/3 yard cuts I was sent to work with. They are truly color drenched!
Color Flow fabrics by Carol Bryer Fallert
I was updating a pattern I developed using a 12 year old technique which I call Magic Stax©. While many others have done something similar, mine is unique in that the number of patches in a block determines how many squares are in a stack. The stack gets cut ALL at the same time (make sure your rotary cutter has a new blade.)

Also, my cutting is NOT RANDOM. All of my blocks in this series (15 different ones) are based on traditional blocks and a line drawing of them.
10-1/2" squares of Color Flow
I chose to update my Washington Puzzle quilt with these fabrics. Here is my Washington Puzzle quilt from 2007 (probably the fifth quilt in my series):

Washington Puzzle
Here is my simple line drawing of Washington Puzzle on a piece of freezer paper:

4 lines drawn on freezer paper
Go take a look at the new eMagazine to see my steps and get the FREE pattern for this!

FREE pattern for my Color Flow Puzzle
Here is my Color Flow Puzzle up close:
Color Flow Puzzle quilt
Then I took a few leftover scraps and paper pieced these Rattle Snake blocks (Karen Stone pattern). Aren't they awesome?


Rattle Snake units
 Go take a look at the new eMag. More patterns and lots of inspiration!

Comments

  1. Those fabrics are gorgeous and so is your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Debby; Sorry to say, but all of these fabrics together in one block/quilt is just not for me. Yet, I would make the pattern with fabrics similar to Washington Puzzle quilt of 2007, I really like the way this quilt says relax and cuddle to me. In the Rattle Snake units though, I do like the dark bold fabrics being used! Are you going to share this pattern with us? It has been awhile since I have done any paper piecing, but lately several Pickle Dish patterns have caught my eye. Thank You for sharing another great pattern Debby! Have a fabulous day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That top looks like jewels sparkling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I love this. It really grabs you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com