Red Hot Flash - FREE pattern

We're still in February, the month of LOVE, and I have been asked several times in the past month for the Red Hot Flash quilt I designed for Blank Quilting in 2012. I no longer have my free patterns available as I am slowly migrating them over to another server, but this link will take you to a 3rd party site which makes available the pattern pdf.

Red Hot Flash by Debby Kratovil for Blank Quilting
This is what I said in 2012:

Well, I guess it's the nature of my age, that I would name a quilt after how I feel all the time. Why doesn't my husband understand that I need to have the AC turned down to 50 degrees? This pattern is for a brand new quilt I designed and sewed for Blank Quilting using ONLY one set of 2-1/2" strips.

One set of 40 strips (2-1/2")
Their sets of 40 strips are called Fabrications and other than the binding and a black and white swirly background print, I used all of the 40 strips for this 59" x 70" quilt. You can download the pattern here: Hot Flash Pattern. Any set of red strips will do, of course!

Here are a few of my sample blocks before cutting up the strips above. These Spiderweb blocks are made with NO templates!

Spiderweb Blocks
Take a visit to Quilting Land to see one she made. It's just as striking as mine above. Who doesn't love a 2 color quilt?!

Comments

  1. I love it - thank you for sharing the link!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful quilt! I’m going to add that pattern to my Quilts of Valor lineup. ThNkyoufor designing and sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Debby! This is a fabulous quilt and how nice of you to offer the pattern for free. I will check out the link, and add this to my list of to-dos. I really love this in red and white! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com