Fat Quarter Friendly Palm Blocks

Another day, another fun quilt from long ago magazines. This was my Palm Block Pillow made with some batiks from Bali Fabrics. We had great relationships with many fabric companies. They sent us their latest collections and we created projects to feature on our pages. They took out ads and that paid our bills!

6" Palm Blocks in a pillow

Then I made a larger block using a 10" size. This was a popular workshop in 2007. 

Palm block on point in a flanged pillow

I sewed several and set them into this quilt. Didn't think you could put 7 blocks together like this, did you?


I resurrected it for making a larger quilt and it's a workshop for the upcoming Raleigh Sewing Expo using the 10" size. But I do have it in the 7" block size in my Etsy shop. I was using fat quarters of these shot cottons to make these Palm Blocks. I used a few Kaffe Fassett printsLots of color!

8 Block Palm Quilt: 33" x 43"

I don't sell the pattern in the 10" size. You'd have to have a large format printer (which most of you don't have). The 7" size is perfect for standard size 8.5" x 11" paper.

Isn't this fun in the multi-colored palm leaves? And it's pieced in a SINGLE round like an off-center log cabin.

See you again for another of my quilts from that Galaxy of Stars magazine issue! Thanks for stopping by. 

Comments