Michael Miller Monday with Fairy Frost - and more!

I am a grandmother to 4 small children. This makes Christmas fun because it's easy to make little kids happy - doesn't take much. I had a small bit of the Gnome to Fa La fabric remaining and decided to make a doll blanket for my 7 year old granddaughter Eva's doll (Marisol).

Minky lined doll blanket: 16" x 19"

You can see my July blog post which introduces this Michael Miller collection and see the other companion fabrics. This is MINKY which is not your traditional 100% cotton quilting fabric - hey!

3 Gnome to Fa La Minky fabrics

Now for the Fairy Frost. I am still working on those Gingham Play Grandmother's Flower Garden blocks I shared in October. Here are the parts.


And here is the first block. The center hexagon and surrounding hearts are made with Fairy Frost. The other hexagons are made with Gingham Play.

I Love Grandma's Garden Block

Here are a few of the dozens of the hearts I am making for the other colors of blocks. As you can see, I have plans for at least 6 other colors!

Fairy Frost EPP hearts

Here's a sneak peek at one of the 4 blocks I've made so far. These are 15" square! I've been pulling fat quarters of various prints for the background squares. I love this turquoise block.

I Love Grandma's Garden block in turquoise

I think I will be able to squeeze enough out of what I have to make 9 blocks. I'll keep you posted!

Comments