Nosegay Quilts: Day Four

I discovered a photo in one of our old magazines (Quilt Magazine, Spring 2005) of a vintage Nosegay/Bride's Bouquet quilt. I scanned it the other day and here she is in all her old time glory!

Bride's Bouquet Quilt: 59" x 76"

The blocks are 12" and when we ran the pattern, we included templates - lots of them (5 different ones!) Would you like to see what they look like?

Nosegay Templates!

Does this make you want to run and make one of these? Not me!

If you would like to try your hand at making one of these quilts, I've just published a 12 page pdf in my Etsy shop. Go check it out and see all the photos! Old Fashioned Nosegay. NO templates, just easy foundations for paper piecing. 

And I keep the fabric waste to a minimum; as you can see, the 45 degree diamonds can be cut (oversized) using your standard ruler!

Cutting the diamond patches for foundation piecing

Thanks for giving me the chance to share my Nosegay quilts!

Comments

  1. A great addition to the series. I haven't seen one with planned fabrics like the one you showed at the top.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com