Thousand Pyramids Quilts: Day Three

Thousand Pyramids uses what's called a dogtooth unit with equilateral triangles. But, what if you elongated those triangles? Again, they zig zag, but what sharp teeth you have! I made these units several years ago with one of my paper piecing patterns and put them aside. They are from my New York Beauty workshop.

Zig Zag Shark's Teeth: 33" x 44"

 Here are some of the units using some Kaffe Fassett fabrics. They are still waiting for a quilt to live in:

New York Beauty Shark's Teeth

Let's get back to the Dog Tooth units for our Thousand Pyramids, ok? Why do I go off on these rabbit trails? Dogtooth units can surround a beautiful Baltimore Album block

Triangles surround a printed panel

These are NOT hand appliquéd - they are printed panels from at least 15 years ago. I used the same triangles as are in the Thousand Pyramids quilts. I had to be very careful of my math! Here are 4 blocks:



Now for the last Thousand Pyramids quilt for this week. I made this in 2014 and it was published in Modern Patchwork Magazine. I used 5" charm squares in Kona solids.


It's still one of my active workshops. Here's a second one I made with a charm pack of prints from the Wild Flower Collection by Benartex. Small but a lovely way to showcase those flowers!

Wild Flower Meadow by Benartex

Just a charm pack, but it's got such possibilities!

A set of charms

I hope you enjoyed seeing some of my Thousand Pyramids quilts. Check out the details in my workshop. I teach it in person (within a one hour drive of my house) and will consider it for Zoom.

Comments

  1. I did enjoy it! I always enjoy seeing what you make out of scraps and collections.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com