Disappearing Dresdens

I pieced a backing for this quilt made several years ago. It is 55" x 55". I call it Disappearing Dresdens because I ran out of the black and red prints and had to make dresden plate blades from the white background fabric!

Disappearing Dresdens: 55" x 55"

There is one whole block (top right), two 3/4 blocks, one half block and one 1/4 block. But you still see dresdens, don't you?

Here's a close up of the center of the quilt which measures 40" x 40".


This quilt is going to be quilted and donated to our local charity endeavor that provides warm quilts to those who sit in those freezing hospital rooms getting chemo infusion. I'm sure it will be enjoyed!

I made a smaller one in blues and white. I wasn't planning on only having this many units - it's all I could squeeze from the blue fabrics! How do you like my clever borders? That's what happens when you only have fat quarters to work with.

Blue and White Disappearing Dresdens

I have a few more quilts to share this week that I'm getting ready for the quilter. I have large Seven Sisters quilts, a Rose Star, workshop samples from my Modern Quilt Blocks workshop, and a few others. It feels good to get these out of the closet into the (cold) hands of these folks freezing in the hospital getting their treatments.

Comments

  1. IN the first quilt I see a disappearing bunny of maybe it's the head of the butterfly in the lower right corner :-)

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is TOO funny! Yes, a disappearing bunny. Now I see it. Thanks for the smile, Susan.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com