Rose Star Front and Back

When I teach workshops, I tend to over-prepare with sample steps and blocks. I certainly did that for my Rose Star class! I made 2 table toppers and then had enough samples to make 2 more!

Here is my latest using some Windham fabrics called Aria. The outside border is from Benartex.

Aria Rose Star: 44" x 45"

I simple "squared" it up on the sides, added some piecing top and bottom and then inner and outer borders. This will be a small lap quilt for a local hospital infusion unit where things are pretty chilly for those sitting, getting their treatments.

BUT - I also said in my title that there is a Rose Star on the back (or at least part of one). Samples from the block steps worked very nice for the center back:

Pieced back with sample block parts

Personally, I prefer a pieced back, though it truly is a bit more work. It makes it fun, especially when there are novelty prints for a little kid's quilt.

Here is my first Rose Star:

Rose Star table topper: 30" x 34"

And you can see another quilt made using the same kite template here in the Stacked Kites pattern:

Stacked Kites: 44" x 54"

You can do a search here on the blog to see a few other quilts made using my Rose Star pattern. A few of them I "upsized" for larger quilts.

Comments