Sunday, January 26, 2014

Tessellating Stars - Free Pattern

Four Block Tessellating Stars
(For those who receive this via email only, CLICK HERE to find out how to get your FREE PATTERN)

I have made several versions of this awesome and intriguing design. Tessellating means interlocking; the edge of one block forms the edge of the other block. You can see 4 red stars and a gold one in the center.

This quilt had to be created one block at a time using a design wall. I had to make sure that I placed each of the 4 quarters of the block in the right place. Very tricky, but I loved working with so many different fabrics. I gave this away some time ago (can't even remember to whom, if you really must know!)
My first Tessellating Stars quilt - all scrappy
 This Autumn Tessellating Stars quilt was so much fun because I limited myself to just two fabrics for the center: a floral print and black. Sometimes you see a black star and sometimes you see the floral star. Don't you love the way they interlock? This was in my first book, "Bold, Black and Beautiful Quilts", AQS 2004. I own all rights and just feel like making it a free pattern. What do you think about that?


You can see all 16 of my quilts in that book here: Bold, Black and Beautiful Quilts

Autumn Tessellating Stars: 58" x 58". Block Size: 12"
I hope you enjoy this quilt pattern. I think I'm feeling the urge to make another one (well, maybe not today, but soon).

5 comments:

  1. love the tessaellations, they look so complicated but have a great effect

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this pattern!! Thank you for making it free :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the free pattern. I really like the multi-colored tessellating stars.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's always one of my favorite patterns. I really, REALLY like the last one with the print outside and the black inside. Great flip! Thank you for the free pattern.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com