2017 Block a Day Calendar is Here!!!

2017 Quilting Block a Day Calendar
Yes, I still create these. Every. Single. Page! I hole up in my computer room day after day after week after month for about 5 months to meet the deadline. Not every waking moment, but let's just say a few hundred hours . . . Draw, assemble, layouts, fabric calculations (the old fashioned way with paper and pencil. I don't trust an Electric Quilt computer program).

Would you like to see a few of the projects? I'm rather proud of my samplers this year (my 11th calendar for this publisher). I have the Civil War Sampler with 12" blocks:

The Civil War Sampler
And how about a Sunbonnet Sue and Overall Sam quilt?

Adventures of Sunbonnet Sue and Overall Sam
And this is the first of three quilts (scattered throughout the calendar in order to break up the 50 blocks) in Hey, Hey, USA!

Hey, Hey, USA! Part 1 of 3
I have blocks for all 50 states, plus Washington, DC. These are paper pieced.

I'm thinking of using the Civil War Sampler (26 blocks) as a Quilt Along on Facebook. Everyone would have to have their own copy of the calendar and as you make your blocks you can post them on the page. Is there any interest there?

The calendars are available on Amazon ($11.49 Prime - retail is $16.99) and in a variety of quilt shops. Amazon has an August 2 availability date. Barnes and Noble also has the same price and availability date.

I even think Keepsake Quilting might carry it in their Fall catalog. I have a limited number for sale, but I really can't beat Amazon's Prime price. Mine is $12, plus $6 postage (Priority Mail because it's so heavy) and only in the United States. Send me an email if you're interested.

Anyway, let me know your thoughts on the Civil War Quilt Along and I'll start to set it up and sew up the blocks.

Comments

  1. Congratulations! It's about time for me to buy another souvenir on a trip. This looks like a great one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. It is great and filled with so many different projects and blocks. I'm sure you'll find more than one to inspire you!

      Delete
  2. I am thinking a civil war quilt would be fun. I have a whole bunch of civil war fabric I had collected years ago. I am still working on Galaxy of the Stars. I am hand quilting. I am on the outside border. YIPEE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have TONS of Civil War fabric from Windham (they send me quite a bit to sew with) and I think I need to start NOW to make samples! You are ambitious to hand quilt that huge Galaxy of Stars quilt. Kudos to you!

      Delete
  3. I've not done a civil war quilt and would love to. I will have to buy the calendar since I missed it this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some reason, Carol, your email (and every commenter here) has gone into my spam box. I think it's better for me to just answer on the blog instead of all those individual emails. I think you will enjoy doing a Civil War quilt - and you don't have to use the "muddy" colors. Make it in brights or 1930s if you choose!

      Delete
  4. I have been buying this calendar for years - it is still my favorite calendar - sits right in the living room where I can see it whenever I am sitting there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Annie. Again, your email and comment ended up in my spam folder! Thanks for your enthusiasm for my calendar and for using it each year. There are so many blocks and quilts in each one - enough to fill more than 5 quilt books!

      Delete
  5. Fabulous, Debby! I'll look for it on my shop hop tomorrow, or get it at Amazon, if I don't find it. These are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would be interested in doing this quilt-along, but I don't do FB.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com