Christmas in July Sneak Peek #2

Yes, back to back Christmas in July blog posts. This one will be with Windham Fabrics and I will be featuring the Storybook Christmas Collection. Let me give you a sneak peek at the fabrics. If you don't like 1930s prints, you can leave now!

Storybook Christmas Collection by Windham Fabrics
But if you don't come back on Tuesday (August 2), you won't see my tutorial on how to cut hexagons - any size hexagon - using a 60 degree ruler. That means, you don't have to have a template for each size. Just a trusty POWER TOOL!

My project uses hexagons and I'll show you how simple it is to cut those incredible shapes. This is not original to me, but I love to share these sorts of things when I discover them. (And I can't even remember where I first saw it, but let's just say that the BIG ruler companies like Creative Grids, don't even have this information - yet).

Windham knows that I enjoy working with their 1930s collections. This Storybook Vacation Butterflies pattern has been a BIG hit selling at the Keepsake catalog web site. Such a simple quilt but I think it's the sweetness of those prints that captures the hearts of that small - but strong - group of quilters who enjoy working with those fabrics.

Storybook Butterflies
Come back on Tuesday to see what I have planned. There is a FABRIC GIVEAWAY of a fat quarter bundle of the Storybook Christmas fabrics to my winner. Go check out what is happening RIGHT NOW at the Windham Fabrics Christmas in July Blog Hop.

Christmas in July with Windham Fabrics
See you back here on Tuesday. And remember, my Christmas in July contest (with Benartex) is still open until midnight Friday!

Comments

  1. I have loved 30s and feedsack prints since my grandma made sundresses for me from her chicken feed sacks. They are my happy fabrics. I can work through my winter SAD when making quilts from these fabrics. They lift my spirits on cold, gray days. Of course, they are cheerful any time of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have loved 30s and feedsack prints since my grandma made sundresses for me from her chicken feed sacks. They are my happy fabrics. I can work through my winter SAD when making quilts from these fabrics. They lift my spirits on cold, gray days. Of course, they are cheerful any time of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful ideas. Love to win some newer fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to comment on a Quilt block coloring book. I think it would be a great idea. You can express yourself and find out what colors you would like in a guilt. I am a 60+ novice have made about 4 Quilt's. The Quilt square coloring book sounds great. My wife thought it was a good idea also.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com