Christmas in July Sneak Peek

Whoa! It's 100 degrees outside and I'm thinking Christmas? Of course; it's July! This week is the Christmas in July Blog Hop for Sew in Love with Fabrics (Benartex). My day will be Tuesday, July 26. Here's a sneak peek at what I've been working on.

First, I've been smitten by The New Hexagon book by Katja Marek. How do I know I'm smitten? I carry it with me wherever I go in the house. Upstairs to my sewing room: cut out fabric, match with papers, put parts in little baggies. Take it downstairs so I can read through it (for the hundredth time) when I eat lunch. And on and on.

The New Hexagon book by Katja Marek
And her new calendar:
The New Hexagon Perpetual Calendar

Here's a block I made last week (Mary Ellen, Block #28), which I upsized and then bound as a little quiltlet. I took this photo outside on my deck where my living Christmas tree "summers." Yes, Mary Ellen is in the branches of that tree!

Mary Ellen, Block #28
This Benartex fabric collection was from last year: Seasons Greetings. I discovered that one of the prints (the center of this block) has snowflakes all over. And we know how many points a snowflake has, right? SIX - a hexagon. Pretty awesome, huh? You can see my blog post about that fabric here: Seasons Greetings Tutorial.

My blog post will be Tuesday and I will be showing several things I made with My Little Chickadee by Jackie Robinson. Yes, I will have several more English Paper Pieced blocks, but also a project made with these lovely and sweet fabrics.



Here's the schedule for each day this week. I will have this on my blog each day. Hope you can visit each of the bloggers. There is a FABRIC GIVEAWAY for each day. Need I say anything more?

Monday: Chris from made by ChrissieD, featuring Jolly Penguin and Friends
Tuesday: Debby from Debby Kratovil Quilts, featuring My Little Chickadee
Wednesday: Alison from Little Bunny Quilts, featuring Sparkle
Thursday: Cynthia from Quilting is more fun than Housework, featuring Holiday Cheer

Friday: Benartex blog featuring Joyful

Hope you can stop by to get some inspiration for your Christmas/Holiday stitching!


Comments

  1. I am addicted to hexies! Absolutely adore them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a lovely hexie. this looks like it would be a great book to have

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your ideas are always so wonderful. Love your "quiltet". Thinking I might have get the book or calendar... Lol Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the heads up, Debby! I didn't know about this hop. Yay! I look forward to seeing what you post, but I love your up-sized Mary Ellen block.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com