Free Pattern Monday

Who says it always has to be on Friday? I was looking for one quilt and came upon the pictures of another. It's my kaleidoscope quilt done with Kaffe Fassett fabrics back in 2006 and published in Quilt magazine.

Purple Kaleidoscope child's quilt and pillow
Here is a flat shot:
Same quilt
And then I realized I also patterned this for Windham Fabrics using their reproduction feedsack collection (2007). This is a poor picture, but you can see this better online.

Feedsack Kaleidoscope. 10" blocks. 50" x 50" quilt
So very scrappy! But fun to make. Full size paper templates are included, but I bet you have one of those multi-sized kaleidoscope rulers in your sewing room!

A kaleidoscope ruler is 45 degrees at the tip. It is NOT a Tri-Recs ruler. It is NOT a 60 degree spiderweb ruler.

What else do you have to do today than sew, right? I've just pulled out my only kaleidoscope ruler and want to make a few blocks. And I have a few extras from this Windham project. I'll show them to you on another day. Have a great one!

Comments

  1. Debby: I took your Sassy Mariners Compass class at Capital Quilters Guild in raleigh more years ago th as n I care to admit! Well pulled it out today while in quarentine, and i am missing the paper patterns. Can i buy another pattern? Please? 😊😥😥

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com