Playing with the Flowers

Spring is here in Virginia, though it's still quite chilly outside with a dash of rainy gloom. But the flowers love it! It seems that a lot of fabrics focus on flower designs and this older collection from Windham, Mimosa, doesn't disappoint! I made some paper pieced coffee cups several years ago, thinking I would put them into (yet another!) quilt. I DON'T need another quilt, believe me!

Paper Pieced Coffee Cups: 7" (2015)

Here are two that I quilted yesterday and are going to live with my in-laws in New York. They insisted on being photographed next to my floral table runner. They wanted to play with the flowers!

Two Coffee Cups heading to New York

I think I will make the others into these easy mug rugs. I like to keep little gifts like these on hand for those unexpected times I want to arrive at someone's home with a "thank you." I made this set of 4 green cups for my niece. I think I like the straight line quilting better.

Four matching Coffee Cups

I made a small quilt (44 x 44) from more of the Mimosa fabrics with left over Block of the Month samples. Do you remember the 2018 Tea Party BOM? I'm in the process of writing up the pattern for this easy quilt. This quilt is also going to live with my inlaws. My MIL saw the quilt and said she liked it - and it's hers!

Mimosa Tea Party Quilt: 44" x 44"

The patterns are no longer free, but you can find all 12 of those blocks in my Etsy shop. Aren't these fabrics perfect for this quilt?!

The pattern I sell was made with Kaffe Fassett fabrics. Here she is (and a lot of flowers, btw). The pattern is ONLY for the 12 blocks. I still haven't patterned this quilt, but it's fairly easy because the large blocks are 10" and I increased the small ones to that size by adding the blue print. Sashings in the same blue, both vertical and horizontal, so that I made all the rows the same width. You could say it's a bit organic (isn't that what flowers want, anyway?)

Tea Party Quilt: 49" x 56" (block patterns only)

So, this is how I make the flowers happy! Spring is calling them to come out and strut their stuff!

Comments

  1. HI, sorry, the etsy link refuses to connect. The coffee cups are really cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It works; I just checked it. I suggest you relaunch your browser. Here is the link: https://www.etsy.com/listing/656534368/paper-pieced-coffee-cups-pattern

      Delete
  2. I like your coffee cups. I can't have coffee, so how about some tea cups? I don't see any in the tea party quilt?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, Susan! I'm going to have to rename it. Holy moly! What was I thinking? Thanks for the eagle eye.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com