The Joys of Hex - Windham Wednesdays

Hexie Hop is now CLOSED (as of Thursday morning) - we are FULL, FULL, FULL
 
Turning 60 and the Joys of Hex
My renewed interest in Grandmother's Flower Garden (GFG) blocks
The new "Let It Snow" collection by Windham Fabrics combined with a renewed interest in GFG blocks: English Paper Piecing with sturdy (card stock) papers wrapped with fabric. Makes for sharp points and uniform sizes of hexagons. Did I say hexagons? Isn't there  Hexie Queen Blog Hop coming up?
ARE YOU INTERESTED? SIGN UP NOW!
Different center motif; 6 identical cardinals fussy-cut to ring around those snowmen
And that brings me to a photo of the collection:
Let it Snow by Windham Fabrics
Where I live it's hot, swampy and hot (did I already say "hot"?). But there's always room for the holidays and visions of snow. Windham has a whimsical collection called "Let it Snow" and I am making several blocks using the EPP method. You can see the centers of 4 blocks already formed in the picture above. I have two blocks on their way to completion. Very fun and easy take-along hand sewing.

Throughout the month of July I will be featuring more hexagons and the Joys of Hex (don't go there; I didn't say that other word). And I am trying to feature Christmas and Hannukah fabrics. I have been asked to be the Cheerleader for this Queen of Hexie Blog Hop and I am taking that seriously. This hop will go from August 21 - 28 and you will be treated to an amazing array of creative projects. Please make sure you are connected and informed. I am so excited and I know you will be so inspired!

I'll keep you posted. Until then, May the Snowman Be With You!

Comments

  1. Love hexies. I would love to join in. Just sent you an email.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your hexies! Sent you an email and can't wait to join in the hexie fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to join in as well. My name is Vera. My blog name is Negligent style and URL http://negligentstylee.blogspot.cz/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited about this blog hop! I just sent you an email to join in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to join the Hexies blog hop. Please schedule me for one of the last few days since I will be traveling during the beginning of it. My name is Carol Kussart, blog is Just Sew Quilter at http://justsewquilter.blogspot.com/ Thanks! I'm new to hexies so looking forward to this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely hex. I love the joys of hex also....lol...I was busy working on my pink onew while my daughter was at play practic yesterday evening. And entire uninterupted hour and half of hand stitchin...It was "sew " fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Count me in! Pls schedule me for one of the last days as I am recovering from hand surgery (Yikes!). Denise Russell, www.piecedbrain.com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What beautiful fabrics "Let It Snow" I love fussy cutting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for hosting, Debby! You will be the cheerleading queen of hexies ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are going to be a great cheerleader, Debby. These Christmas Hexies will be so pretty. I am thinking they would make a beautiful candle mat to place on a coffee table as a center piece. It would also make a great Christmas present for someone.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Please count me in too! I love hexies. Mary Winegar. Ipiece2-Mary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sending you an email as I have something, maybe two somethings in mind for the hexie hop!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, I would like to join :) My name is Wendy Kruskie, my blog is Kwilt Krazy, and here you go http://kwiltkrazy.blogspot.com/
    Thanks! This will be my first hop!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love how well this line works with the hexagons, and the way you fussy cut for the second one is SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would very much like to join! My name is Turid Bakken and I'm from Norway, and I love hexies. My blog is here: http://densyendehimmel.blogspot.no/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just sent you an email with my info. I am excited to join this hop.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi...I wanted to join in on the hexie hop:):) Please? My name is Sandra Kaye.... my blog is www.sandrakayedesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your hexies!!
    my blog is http://letspatchitup.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm really looking forward to this one and it's lovely to have you as host.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Debbie...Marjorie here; Madame Samm said you might have a space left....if so; please sign me up and let me know....thank you!!
    If not; no problem...I missed the sign up; I guess.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com