Quilter's Block a Day Calendar: Week 23 (and free pattern)

Welcome back to my weekly sharing of the beautiful blocks sewn by Patricia Bryant of Australia. It's not just the blocks that we love - it's the fabulous staging of each one that has constantly amazed all of us.

I have been asked more than once about what sorts of plans Patricia has to put ALL of them into a quilt. If she did that, it would cover the state of Wyoming (just kidding)! And I heard from Janet last week that she received my calendar as a gift last Christmas and has been making one a day since the first of the year. Now we have two Patricias! I want to see these blocks, Janet!

I do have a list of all the calendar blocks in size order. I think if I was going to make a quilt with these, I would make it easy on myself and begin with sorting them by size. Here it is:

Calendar Blocks by Size (Note the dates use "00" because it's a perpetual calendar)

Also, here's a link to see ALL my blocks as they appear in the calendar. This shows two sizes because I produced a CD with each block in TWO sizes. It's fun to scroll through the blocks alphabetically. I plan on republishing the CD sometime soon, or if I can get the file small enough, as a downloadable pdf.

Quilter's Block a Day Calendar - all 366 blocks alphabetically!

Now for Patricia's blocks for this week!

June 4: Broken Path
June 4: Broken Path, 12"
 June 5: Checkmate
June 5: Checkmate, 8"
 June 6: Crow's Nest
June 6: Crow's Nest, 14"
 June 7: Diamond Ring
June 7: Diamond Ring, 12"

June 8: Double Tic-Tac-Toe
June 8: Double Tic-Tac-Toe, 8"
June 9: Far West
June 9: Far West, 9"
 June 10: Garden Path
June 10: Garden Path, 12"
And here's a Garden Path quilt I made about 10 years ago for Kona Bay Fabrics. And the FREE pattern for the 72" x 72" quilt: Raychel's Garden

Raychel's Garden quilt for Kona Bay Fabrics

See you next week. Happy quilting!

Comments

  1. "Well? What can I say. Life is full of scattered threads. Pick them up, hold them to the light, and celebrate their colors. Find something each day to thank God for! Most days it's fabric, thread, and my sewing machines."

    I like this from your profile! Amd I love the photo of the waves lapping at the wooden stairs. I grew up in Michigan. We had stairs down to the beach like that, everyone did, and sometimes the water would do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again, her photography of these blocks blows me away. Is she a professional, or her artistry carries over from her eye for quilting? I just wonder. Thanks for sharing another week of the blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the staging of these blocks. What I want to know is how she comes up with all the ideas and the props. I suspect it takes as much time to stage these as it does to make the block.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Debbie! These blocks are all so fabulous! Patricia along with your lovely blocks of perfection, you make them so much more special with the way that each are staged. I do enjoy seeing these each and every week. Plus, it is always an extra pleasure when you, Debbie, add one or more of your beautiful quilts that you have created! Thank you both for sharing! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com