Free Pattern Friday

Here in America we celebrate Veteran's Day on November 11. Every year. Same date. I'm sure you're not surprised that I have a few quilts that honor our military and veterans and I'd like to share one with you today. I may have shared this before - I can't remember!

Here is the first one I patterned and stitched, designed by Leslie Sonkin when she was working for Windham Fabrics in 2009. We used a reproduction coverlets collection for this.

American Beauty quilt using reproduction coverlets: 43" x 53"
Here's a closeup of that circle of stars. (Yes, not very big, is it?)


I redid the pattern for Windham in 2016 using their Stars and Stripes Collection. I also called it American Beauty.

American Beauty II
You can get both versions of this quilt at the Windham web site. Just follow the links provided here.

Perhaps you have a veteran in your life who would like something like this. And we all have a slew of patriotic fabrics in our stash. Thanks for stopping by.

Comments