Are You Ready for Spring Tulips?

This is a repost AND a FREE Pattern!

Here is a quilt I made about 20 years ago from some orphan blocks my editor gave to me. She said, "Go do something with these." And, I did! This still hangs in my house and I look at it each morning in small sitting room.

Three Tulips Quilt

This quilt with the peach setting triangles and borders was also a set of orphan blocks. They were appliquéd on point in the squares, so all I had to do was separate them with floral sashings and add the rest to square them up. I don't remember who I gifted this to; I hope it is hanging somewhere and being appreciated for its beauty. (Remember, I did not make these blocks!)

Peach Baskets and Blooms Quilt
 
I came across some of the artwork I created for both of these quilts. This dates back about 25 years, too! The pattern fills are a bit dated, but the flowers and appliqué elements are timeless, right?

Blooms Block #1
 
 
Here is a lovely basket block with a single bloom.

Basket Block with Single Bloom

 And a third block: basket with two blooms.

Basket Block with Two Blooms


And one more quilt and a FREE pattern! Spring Tulips dates back over 20 years. Again, 3 orphan blocks that my editor sent to me and said: "Put them together!" And she became a cover girl.

Spring Tulips. 12" blocks. 22" x 48" quilt

The top and bottom blocks have been converted to simple foundation piecing. The center block is appliqué (of course). Make one. Make all three. Enjoy!

Comments

  1. My son brought me a pot of 6 tulips - no blooms. 3 days later, beautiful red blossoms are opening! Someone is anxious for spring, and that means tulips. I like what you create when someone hands you a challenge. Tulips and baskets - doesn't get any better than that!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com