Windham Wednesdays Sneak Peek

I am in a quilter's challenge with my local guild. We have a theme - Spirals - and the rest is up to us to interpret that. I spent a few weeks exploring some ideas I have, visiting some old quilt files and trying to figure out where I would go. This is for an AQS show in the Fall, but our local deadline is March 1.

I came across a set of fabrics by Sharon Virtue (love that name!) called Bright World. Windham sent me fat quarters because our theme is "spirals" and there are spirals in the fabrics! They come to quilt shops in April.

Bright World by Sharon Virtue for Windham Fabrics

 Here's the main print:

Bright World main print

But, where are the spirals? Glad you asked! These are the 7 fabrics in the main quilt. It will be 30" square. I chose 4 spiral prints.

Bright World fabrics for my Spiral quilt

I used a vintage pattern called Twin Spirals and built my quilt around it:

Digital rendition of Twin Spirals

And, a sneak peek at a part of my spirals. These are 2 of the 5 larger spirals.


You can see more of the spirals here as I'm cutting out the shapes using freezer paper.


I'll share my final project in a few weeks. I've finished the quilt top and now I need to quilt it - in spirals, of course! I'm also finding inspiration from the other fabrics not used in the quilt. They are so beautiful and fresh and full of Spring colors.

Check out the whole collection at the Windham site: Bright World. There's a Look Book with projects made that you will love!

Comments

  1. Definitely a happy fabric line, and I'm liking it for spirals. I look forward to seeing what you've made. =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com