Nosegay Quilt Finishes

You've seen some of these Nosegay quilts before. They are based on the vintage pattern "Nostalgic Nosegay." What you see here is from 1937. How do you like those templates? Not me!


It's easy to cut the diamonds, but the other shapes made me nervous. So, I converted the pattern to foundation paper piecing and left out the little buds that appear between the diamonds. Here is a simple vintage block with the buds in red.

Vintage Nosegay block made with templates

Here is how I foundation pieced my version. Each block will have 6 diamonds (with background) and a cone base.

Foundation pieced Nosegay block parts

And here are a few blocks using the Solstice Collection from Windham Fabrics.

12" Nosegay blocks

I finished the quilt top about 2 years ago and finally quilted and bound it earlier this week. Allow me . . .

4 Block Nosegay Quilt: 48" x 48"

All the fabrics in the center are from the Solstice collection, but I didn't have enough yardage for borders. and bindings. Doesn't matter. I found a lovely print in my stash.

Here is a quilt center made with five blocks using some Kaffe Fassett fabrics. Don't know about a border yet.

5 Block Nosegay quilt center: 34-1/2" x 34-1/2"

You can see several other Nosegay quilts that I've made by typing "Nosegay" in the search bar. You can also find the 12 page pdf pattern in my Etsy store. Here's one that I absolutely love and I used "cheater cloth" printed with those flower motifs to set the blocks on point. I donated this to my local quilt guild's charity endeavors. Isn't this fun?!

5 Block Nosegay quilt

It's always fun to finish a quilt and add it to the pile waiting to become gifts.  And I finally emptied my box of Nosegay block parts, too!

Comments