The Comfort Block

I get most of my inspiration from vintage quilts. The Comfort Block is a perfect example. It is the September 6 block in my Quilting Calendar. Here it is as made by Patricia Bryant of Australia. She wanted to stay close to the colors I used in the digital version.

September 6: The Comfort Block

September 6: The Comfort Block, 9"

Here's my own Comfort Quilt made 20 years ago with a lovely floral collection. This was published in one of our magazines.

The Comfort Quilt: 70" x 70"

Here it is as a flat shot before I had it quilted. I chose to cut out large flowers from one of the prints and appliqué them to the two opposing corners. 18" blocks



And one more made by my friend, Jean Ann Wright (who was my senior editor at Quilt Magazine for 14 years). She made this for my 2009 book, Supersize 'Em Quilts. It's also an 18" block.

The Comfort Quilt by Jean Ann Wright: 95" x 95"

Just squares and rectangles made this a great way to showcase some lovely fabrics. If you have a copy of my Quilter's Block a Day Calendar by Martingale (now out of print), check out the September 6th block in the 9" size. 

This will appear again in my upcoming 2025 Block a Day Calendar (C&T Publishing). Different size, different colors, just as exciting.

Comments

  1. I still enjoy seeing the blocks Patricia Bryant made and the settings she photographed them.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com