Michael Miller Monday with Fairy Frost

I have always loved the Fairy Frost blenders and have used them for several years. There are SO many colors and the texture with the flecks of gold and silver are unrivaled for a special touch of "bling" for your quilts.

I received a fat quarter bundle of some older fabrics ( the zigzag prints, 5+ years old) from a gift exchange a few weeks ago. I was stumped (me? stumped?) as to what I should do with them. I pulled 6 FQs of Fairy Frost and what do you think? Looks like a pretty good start, if I do say so myself. But I am still thinking. . .

Fairy Frost auditioning with some older prints
Remember my Fairy Frost lineup for my Starfish quilt? I had some Michael Miller Hanukkah fabrics that needed some bling. I think these worked very well.

6 fat quarters of Fairy Frost for my Starfish Quilt
Do you remember this pic from November? I paper pieced using these 7 fabrics (the white is the background).
Paper Pieced Starfish blocks
And last year I used this same print (blue) with the gold Fairy Frost for my FREE paper pieced Dreidel block. You can read about this, see some steps and enjoy more fabrics!

Paper Pieced Dreidel block
And here's a sneak peek at some upcoming posts. They have to do with my Flying Swallows workshop that I'm teaching with the Sewing Expo in the Spring.

I actually have made TWO class samples using Fairy Frost. Some of the fabrics . . .

Select group of yummy colors

And some diamonds . . .
Diamonds cut for my newest Flying Swallows class sample
Adding the white, light blue and navy triangles. Can you figure out where I'm going?

Flying Swallows parts using Fairy Frost
Here is how it's all put together:

Flying Swallows using multi-colors. ALL Fairy Frost!
You can see my workshop list at both the Atlanta, GA and Lakeland, FL websites by looking at my own blog pages about them:

Atlanta Sewing Expo Classes (see the 5 classes and dates)

Lakeland Sewing Expo Classes (see the 5 classes and dates)

I will be sharing more using Fairy Frost and I think you will enjoy the color show!

Comments