Windham Wednesday with So Many Diamonds!

Several years ago (2012) I received a lovely collection from Windham Fabrics called Addison. While I'm not crazy about browns, I did love the pinks and reds in the group.

Addison by Windham Fabrics (2012)

I set to work cutting a bunch of diamonds. I had something in mind. These are 60 degree diamonds.

60 degree diamonds cut from the Addison fabrics

I let them sit for a few months as I had something else brewing in my head. There's always more than one quilt happening in my brain! This is an oversized Garden Maze block that I finally quilted last year! Don't you just love that butterfly fabric for the border? (It's not part of the Addison group).

Garden Maze quilt

I actually made two of them. Can you see the difference in the little squares near the corners? Yes, more butterflies in the borders.

Garden Maze quilt #2


I then came back to those diamonds. This is my Seven Sisters quilt. It was a very popular workshop for a few years. No y-seams, of course!

Seven Sisters Table Topper

I also made a table runner pattern for a Creative Grids ruler. I gave it to my friend Connie and that's why I call it Connie's Runner! It's the precursor to my Baby Blocks patterns in my Etsy store.

Connie's Runner

I had a bunch of leftovers from cutting out the diamonds. 



I put them together into these Spinning Stars. I put these together in 2016. And they sat . . .

Spinning Stars: 8" high

During the lockdown, I did a LOT of quilting. I put together all sorts of abandoned projects. I love how this one came together. There are 15 blocks in this and it works!

Spinning Stars quilt top

I love it when a fabric collection does a LOT of talking to me. It doesn't let me go until it gets everything that it wants!

Big Baby Blocks uses the same diamonds and triangles (though in a larger size). I have named it "My Diamonds Have the Blues" and it's one of my 4 Road 2 California classes. So many diamonds, so many ideas, so little time!



Comments