Blue and Gray Sampler: Block Five

Here she is - the Rosebud Block. I selected similar colors to the one in the original quilt. These are blenders from Windham Fabrics called Uncorked. They have these little flecks of gold throughout.

Uncorked fabrics for my Rosebud block

Here is the block in the original quilt. This was featured in the Keepsake Quilting Catalog a few years ago. It was beautifully quilted by my friend, Connie Gallant, who now owns the quilt. (She quilted it and loved it and took the quilt as payment - I got the better end of the deal, believe me!)

Rosebud block in the original Blue and Gray Sampler

I cut out the patches according to my pattern and actually cut out a few extra in the pink. Not to worry - just follow the cutting schematic in the pattern (link is below).

Patches cut out and the C Patches stitched and cut from squares

 Now let's see another step. The large A triangle is sewn to the smaller pink, red and blue triangles.


You make 4 of these units:

One quarter of the Rosebud Block

And here's my full Rosebud block. I think I got the pink background fabric all washed out, but you get the point, right?!


Here is the link to the 5th block (of 6) in the Blue and Gray Block of the Month: Rosebud.

See you in two weeks for our final block, Order No. 11.

Comments

  1. Was November 2021the last block in the Blue and Gray Sampler? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com