New Year, New Needle Case

I updated my English Paper Piecing Needle Case from 1930s fabrics to Kaffe Fassett! Lots of bright colors, huh? Has batting "pages" inside for pins and needles. Pockets to hold scissors and EPP papers. Quite sassy, I think!

Needle Case closed (6-1/2" x 6-1/2")

The little Grandmother's Flower Garden block on the front is made using 1" hexagons. Those hexagons scattered on the side are made from 1-3/4" hexagons. I used a set of pre-cut hexagons I bought several years ago and have been stitching these off and on. No real plans yet.

Back pocket holds some pre-cut Kaffe Fassett hexagons (6-1/2" x 13-1/2")

There are 2 pockets and four batting "pages" to use for needles and pins.

A place for scissors and papers in the pockets

In case you've never seen my original Needle Case, I made it in January of 2014! It was published in Modern Patchwork the next Summer. I have the multi-page pattern in my Etsy shop.

Here's the original:
Original Needle Case as it appeared in Modern Patchwork Magazine

I was able to make my new case in about an hour. There is batting behind the GFG block on the front, to give it a trapunto look. I do need to add some sort of tie on the sides to keep it closed, but so far things have stayed put when I carry it around.

Of course, you don't have to use it for English Paper Piecing! It's great for any handwork where you need to keep your scissors and pins and small items handy.

Comments

  1. Cool idea, Debby. I made a smaller version to carry in my purse. It has straight pins, safety pins and a needle. The pocket has thread wrapped around cardboard for sewing and a couple of buttons stitched on the cardboard in case I pop one off my top. (This happened to me one time in church) . I like the bigger version that you made. It would come in handy when you are sitting in the Dr.'s office

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com