Constitution Oak Quilts and FREE Pattern

I have always wanted to make a Constitution Oak quilt. Vintage. Traditional. Lovely. Here is a vintage quilt that we featured in Quilt Magazine in 1998 (and it was OLD then!)

Vintage Constitution Oak quilt

I used this concept in a design for Windham Fabrics in 2010. What do you think? This uses the Coverlets reproduction collection. I still have a LOT of this yardage. Maybe I should go ahead and make it - especially since I worked out all the directions, templates, etc. Right? The pattern is FREE on their website.

Constitution Oak quilt using the Coverlets Collection by Windham

Then, I brought it out again when they wanted me to design something with their Blue and Grey Collection a few years ago.

Constitution Oak using the Blue and Grey Collection by Windham

I even played with the idea of including it in my Cookie Cutter Sampler. Here is a simple block.

Constitution Oak in my Cookie Cutter Sampler

It's always fun to get inspiration from vintage quilts, isn't it? Go ahead - download that free pattern and try your hand at one of those fun oak block!

Comments